Many websites of Scottish mansions proclaim that they are the "ideal place to get married" and so too do we. However, there’s a difference. Achnagairn really is the most perfect place!
What better way to show off our fantastic house than with a real-life demonstration! We are delighted to present a fantastic video from Thistle Production Ltd profiling one of our recent weddings at Achnagairn House. Click here to view the video and let us know what you think on facebook.
So what are the things that make us the perfect place? Well, in no particular order, they are:
- A stunning location
- A vaulted ballroom for dancing the night away. Seating up to 200 people and taking 260 for dancing, this splendid wood-panelled Great Hall is arguably one of the finest in Scotland.
- An outstanding bridal suite for the bridal couple. This beautiful room, with its triple aspect view is the ideal spot for starting your new life! It has a hand-made 4 poster bed, a luxurious round whirlpool bath, sumptuous seating areas and a bathroom of pink marble from Italy.
- Luxury bedrooms so family and friends can stay at the house. Each bedroom is individually designed and the bathrooms are of marble and beautiful hand-painted tiles. There are 24 bedrooms, sleeping up to 55 people, allowing luxury accommodation for your guests.
- Formal gardens as a back-drop to fairytale wedding photos. Photographers find the gardens a haven of tranquility and an inspiration. For those wanting a large wedding, a marquee can be erected in the grounds.
- Large capacity, allowing a magnificent wedding. Achnagairn can take from 10 people up to 260 for a wedding.
- Exclusive use so no one else intrudes. By being an exclusive use venue, Achnagairn affords total privacy.
- Gourmet catering with a choice of providers. Our cuisine is exemplary, as we work with some of the best caterers in the Highlands.
- A wedding licence, allowing you to marry on the premises. We welcome religious weddings, Humanist weddings, civil partnerships and celebrations of all types.
- Walking distance from pretty local church. The village church is a few minutes walk away, down a pretty drive.
- Full flexibility in how you organise your wedding is one of the hallmarks of an Achnagairn stay.
- Variable length of stay tailored to your needs.
- Activities in the house and nearby can be arranged, from falconry in the grounds to mini Highland games for the ore energetic!
- Excellent transport links, being close to Inverness, which is well connected by rail and road as well as close to the airport.
- A sense of history, elegance and grandeur throughout
If you were married on or after 21 September 2011 we want your votes now! Votes are now being accepted for The VOWS Awards 2012 so... click here to vote for Achnagairn as your favourite wedding venue in 2011/12!